Treasures in Ink

Monday, August 4, 2014

The One Thing

"Rejoice! Rejoice!
Everywhere you see the fires.
Don't ask: Why not me?
Don't look at yourself.
Don't fix your gaze on anyone but Me.
I'm the One who does it.
And I choose--I choose what anointing to pour through each of My vessels: My Beloved children.
Striving. Fighting. Envying each others' gifts. Stop it!
I can't spread My fire when you're constantly looking and comparing.
Look at Me!
I'm the One you need.
I'm the One you've got to fix your gaze on!
Daughter, get this!
Church, get this!
What do you have that I haven't given?
And if it's Mine, why do you judge and compare as if it's yours?
I want My Church pure, blameless, spotless.
You are Mine!
There should be nothing more important than this one thing."


One thing only have I desired, oh Lord, to abide in Your house forever, to gaze upon Your beauty, to be captured by the love in Your eyes, to be enraptured by the glory upon Your face. (Psalm 27:4, my paraphrase)

No comments:

Post a Comment